COVID-19 information for caregivers
We’re committed to making sure our caregivers have the information they need to keep themselves and the children in their care safe and well. We'll be sending weekly email updates to caregivers. If you do not currently receive emails from us, please contact your caregiver social worker or call us on 0508 227 377 to update your contact details.
Contact tracing at Alert Level 2
We’ve made great progress reducing the spread of COVID-19 at Alert Levels 3 and 4.
Contact tracing is now one of the most important tools we have at Level 2 to ensure we don’t lose the gains we’ve made in lockdown. It allows health officials to quickly track down and test people who may have been exposed.
What this means for caregivers
We need your help to support the Ministry of Health with this really important task.
We're asking our caregivers to please keep a daily record of close contacts for all members of their household. This will help to keep us all safe and well.
Close contact is defined as face-to-face contact with someone in any setting that occurs within two metres, for 15 minutes or more.
Keeping a daily record
We've created a template you can use to keep a daily record.
Your daily record for each household member needs to include:
- The people they have close contact with in your household.
- Anyone else they come into close contact with. This includes our staff if we do home visits, and anyone they come into contact with if you visit our offices.
There are two important exceptions:
- If your children are attending school, the school will keep a record of the people they come into contact with while they are there.
- If you or anyone else in your household bubble is going to work, the workplace will do the same.
You can keep your daily record in a way that works for you, based on the template.
- This might be electronically where you continue to save the file or replicate it in an Excel spreadsheet.
- You can print the template and fill it in manually.
- You can copy the template headings into a notebook and record there.
Your daily record needs to be easily accessible if requested by the Ministry of Health. It will not be used for any other purpose.
We're here to help
If you have any questions or concerns about this process, please get in touch with your caregiver social worker, or call us on 0508 227 377.
We realise this is another ask of you in a challenging time. It's important to remember we’re doing this to keep ourselves and our communities safe and well. Thank you for your support.