COVID-19 information for partners
We are working closely with partners and providers to ensure they have the information they need to keep tamariki and whānau safe and supported during the national response to COVID-19.
What you need to know
This page will be updated regularly with the latest information you need to know and responses to the most frequent questions you are asking us.
You can also visit the NZ Government site for additional information and advice.
For information relevant to all welfare and social sector organisations, you should also visit:
Oranga Tamariki has developed guidance for its own staff, sites and teams. You can view some of this on the Oranga Tamariki Practice Centre. We have also provided you with access to some of these documents on this page below so that you're aware of our practice and to assist you in preparing your own responses. More information like this will be made available over time so please keep checking back to this site.
- Working in a pandemic environment - 31 March 2020 (PDF, 199KB)
- COVID-19 screening tool alert level 4 (Word, 65KB)
- COVID-19 health and safety guidance (PDF, 371KB)
- Working from home - health and safety guide - 21 March 2020 (PDF, 207KB)
We will be sharing up to date information and answers to the most common questions from our social service partners through this site:
Under the Government’s COVID-19 response plan, Alert Level 4 allows for ‘essential businesses and those that support them’ to continue to provide the necessities of life for everyone in New Zealand.
If you have any queries around essential services you can call 0508 377 388 or email email@example.com
As a sector, we have a shared commitment to meeting the needs of vulnerable tamariki and their whānau. We acknowledge that other welfare and social services are important to your communities during this time. We want to collaborate with you to ensure the people we work with get through COVID-19.
We want to provide our contracted providers with clarity and certainty about their funding during this time. We also want to support the innovation being shown by our partners as they continue to support tamariki and whānau in response to COVID-19.
To enable this, Government agencies that fund the provision of social services are working together to align how they will support and work with their providers and partners.
Your questions answered
Providers and partners
- Oranga Tamariki COVID-19 Update for All Providers and Partners: edition #5 (PDF, 225KB)
- Oranga Tamariki COVID-19 Update for All Providers and Partners: edition #4 (PDF, 216KB)
- Oranga Tamariki COVID-19 Update for All Providers and Partners: edition #3 (PDF, 169KB)
- Oranga Tamariki COVID-19 Update for All Providers and Partners: edition #2 (PDF, 220KB)
- Oranga Tamariki COVID-19 Update for All Providers and Partners: edition #1 (PDF, 205KB)
If you need further information or would like to talk through your particular situation, please get in touch with your Oranga Tamariki Partnering for Outcomes contract or relationship manager.
Social service providers can also email Community_information@msd.govt.nz
These are challenging times. Thank you to everyone that is working in partnership with us to unite against COVID-19 and help tamariki and whānau get through.