About the role
Who we are looking for, job description and conditions.
What we're looking for
Our ideal candidates will be:
- new social work graduates or experienced practitioners
- dedicated to putting children and young people first
- resilient, motivated and caring
- culturally responsive and committed to bi-cultural practice
- confident communicators with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- excited about joining us on our journey.
For more detail, take a look at the position description below.
Hours of work
As part of the role as a Social Worker, you may be required to work on an on-call duty roster across the team at your site. This is not a 9am to 5pm job and you may be required to work longer hours if there is a critical case that you need to support.
As a qualified Social Worker, you can earn a salary ranging from $46,867 to $72,301. Where you will fall within this range will depend on your specific skills and experience.
Te reo knowledge
Having some knowledge of Māori language is not compulsory, but it is useful when working as a Social Worker.
Published: July 31, 2018 · Updated: March 12, 2021