The early intervention pilot will train educators across the takiwa of Arowhenua and Waihao (Mid and South Canterbury) primary schools (Year 1-8), Early Childhood Centres and Kohanga Reo.
This is a first-time collaboration between STOP and manawhenua and an important kaupapa that aims to assist children and their parents through educators and kaimahi to reduce and prevent concerning harmful sexual behaviour from occurring.
The training includes:
- understanding what normal sexualised play and behaviour is and when to be concerned
- understanding why children may initiate sexual play and behaviour
- understanding the influences and impact of social media and explicit material
- the interface between services when incidents become complex
- best practice and process and when to consult and refer.