Statistics about how we work with children
In addition to the quarterly reports that show how we’re performing, and how children and young people move through our system, we also provide national level information that further details these statistics by region, age and ethnicity.
The key data files published here provide information from the past ten years including:
- Reports of Concern.
- Referred for Further Assessment or Investigation (FARs).
- Children and Young People involved in Care and Protection Family Group Conferences.
- Children and Young People involved in Youth Justice Family Group Conferences.
- Children and Young People in the Care and Protection custody of the Chief Executive.
- Entries to Care and Protection custody, by ethnic group/age group/pathway to care/region.
Babies and children entering care
We also publish a range of information and data about the processes around a child or baby entering Oranga Tamariki care.
Is this page helpful?
Published: November 8, 2019 · Updated: September 24, 2021