Contact us

Feedback and complaints

We value your feedback – good and bad – and are committed to responding to you and working with you to resolve concerns you might have. Feedback helps us understand what’s working (and what’s not) so we can keep on improving. It helps us identify and deal with issues when they happen – so please tell us what you think.

The easiest way to sort out a problem is usually to contact your local office. Talk to the person you've been dealing with or ask for the manager. Otherwise, use our feedback form. We’ll get back to you within 5 days – just make sure you give us your contact details. 


Please note, if relevant, when completing this form make sure you include what you think the impact to the child or young person is. And include as much detail as you can (eg the people involved, dates and times). This helps us understand the situation.

Select one
Are you contacting us for yourself, or on behalf of someone else?

There are some issues we may not be able to help with, such as decisions made by the court – we'll tell you if that's the case.

feedback and complaints video cover

Feedback and Complaints

We want to hear from children and young people about their experience with us, good or bad.

We value the views of children, and encourage them to speak up about how they feel and anything that's happened to them. We’ve also developed information, including this video and printed resource, specifically for them.

If you don’t want to use the online form you can:

  • Call 0508 326 459
  • Email
  • Complete a feedback form at your local Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, office
  • Download and print our Feedback form (478 KB)

What if you can't resolve my concern?

If after talking to us you feel your concern is still unresolved, we'll talk to you about what else we can do. You can ask for a review by the Chief Executive's Advisory Panel. To apply for a review, write to:

National Manager
Review Secretariat
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children
PO Box 1556
Wellington 6140

Other organisations that can help

You can also take your concern to:

Office of the Children's Commissioner
Phone: (04) 471 1410

Social Workers Registration Board
Phone: (04) 931 2650

Office of the Ombudsman 
Phone: 0800 802 602

Worried about a child?

If you've got a concern we're here for you. Our lines are open 24/7.

Identify abuse

Signs of neglect or abuse can be hard to categorise. Some of the signs can be found here.

Community help

Talk to caring people about any worries you may have.