Contact us



We value your feedback – good and bad – and are committed to responding to you and working with you to resolve concerns you might have. 

The easiest way to sort out a problem is usually to contact your local office. Talk to the person you've been dealing with or ask for the manager. Otherwise, use our feedback form. We’ll get back to you within 5 days – just make sure you give us your contact details. 

If you're worried about the safety and wellbeing of a child or young person please call freephone: 0508 326 459 (available 24/7) or email us at

How can we help?

When completing this form make sure you include what you think the impact to the child or young person is. And include as much detail as you can (eg the people involved, dates and times). This helps us understand the situation.


Does this relate to a child (or children) we are working with?
What do you want to tell us?
Have you spoken to us about this before?
What would like us to do?
Your Contact Information
Which ethnic group do you belong to?
feedback and complaints video cover

Compliments, complaints and suggestions

We want to hear from children and young people about their experience with us, good or bad.

We value the views of children and encourage them to speak up about how they feel and anything that's happened to them. We’ve also developed information, including this video and printed resource, specifically for them.

If you don’t want to use the online form:

If you would prefer to speak with us regarding your feedback, please contact us on 0508 326 459, or you can speak with a staff member at your local Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children office.

What if you can't resolve my concern?

If after talking to us you feel your concern is still unresolved, we'll talk to you about what else we can do. You can ask for a review by the Chief Executive's Advisory Panel for Complaints. To apply for a review, write or email:

Review Secretariat
Chief Executive Advisory Panel for Complaints
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children 
PO Box 546
Wellington 6140

You can also take your concern to:

Office of the Children's Commissioner
Phone: (04) 471 1410

Social Workers Registration Board
Phone: (04) 931 2650

Office of the Ombudsman 
Phone: 0800 802 602

Worried about a child?

If you've got a concern we're here for you. Our lines are open 24/7.

Identify abuse

Signs of neglect or abuse can be hard to categorise. Some of the signs can be found here.

Community help

Talk to caring people about any worries you may have.