Break-away school holiday programme
These one-week programmes are for young people aged 11 to 17.
Activity happens daily, during Christmas and Easter holidays. The programmes give young people an opportunity to enjoy fun, stimulating and structured school holiday programmes, at no cost.
There are three types of programmes:
- sport and activity based
- general activity programmes
- a combination of sport and general activities.
Areas of high community need
The programmes are delivered in areas with high community need, based on the New Zealand Index of Deprivation. Priority was given to the following regions :
- Northland (Whangarei and Far North Districts)
- Auckland (Manukau, Auckland, Papakura and Waitakere Cities)
- Waikato (Rotorua, Taupō and South Waikato)
- Bay of Plenty (Tauranga, Opotiki and Whakatane)
- Gisborne (Gisborne)
- Hawke's Bay (Hastings, Napier and Wairoa)
- Manawatu/Whanganui (Whanganui and Tararua)
- Taranaki (New Plymouth)
- Wellington (Porirua and Hutt City)
- South Island (Greymouth, Christchurch and Dunedin).
These regions may be subject to change.
Published: September 1, 2021