The Quality Assurance function within Māori, Partnership and Communities supports quality practice and learning across Partnered Care. It also plays a part in confirming new care partners.
The Quality Assurance approach is relational. We focus on building partnerships and understanding the experiences of tamariki and rangatahi, carers, and whānau involved in care.
Continuous improvement and collaboration are some of the foundational principles that have been agreed between care partners and Oranga Tamariki. These principles have shaped the development of the Quality Assurance function and continue to be the focus guiding our mahi.
Together, we commit to upholding these guiding principles to ensure the Quality Assurance function for Partnered Care:
- focuses on the primacy of outcomes for tamariki
- facilitates continuous improvement that shares and builds on strengths
- promotes openness and transparent practice, informed by feedback loops
- embeds mana tamaiti, whakapapa, and whanaungatanga principles
- enables a collaborative approach between partners and Oranga Tamariki
- provides independent practice judgement on quality
- minimises duplication of effort for all parties
- shares mutually beneficial information, valued and used by all parties
- provides timely, robust advice to inform decision-making
- clarifies lines of accountability for all parties
- ensures a consistent approach to Quality Assurance and provides an integrated view of care.
The Quality Assurance Framework
The Quality Assurance Framework for Partnered Care was designed by care partners and Oranga Tamariki. The Framework helps us understand quality of care through 3 lenses:
- The Care Standards and other legislative requirements.
- The experiences of tamariki, rangatahi, whānau and carers in Partnered Care.
- Our commitment to the principles of mana tamaiti, whakapapa and whanaungatanga.
To view the Quality Assurance Framework and more information on how the Framework was created and will be used, download the PDF below.
System Enablers: How is the partnership working?
System Enablers allow us to understand the wider context within which Partnered Care is delivered and how this supports or influences the quality of practice. 4 specific high-level areas have been identified to support these reflections:
To view the System Enablers and prompting questions for each of the 4 specific areas, download the PDF below:
Image text description - Quality Assurance cycle
The infographic shows the Quality Assurance Cycle for Partnered Care.
Image of 2 concentric circles, going from the outer circle, inward.
Outer circle. Text: Regular information gathering and sharing
Inner circle represents the annual cycle, regionally led. Text: Annual Care Partner Reflection - Partnership Touchpoint - Partnership Touchpoint.
To view the Quality Assurance Cycle and more information on each of the components, download the PDF below.
Is this page helpful?
Published: December 11, 2023